Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Busy Busy

Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4 (NIV)

As waiting parents, Carla and I spend a lot of time wondering about Mei. What will she look like? Is she in an orphanage or foster care? Is she being cared for properly? These are just a very few of the questions running through our heads.

I've figured out the busier I am, the less I worry about Mei. That doesn't really sound like I wanted it to. I don't want it to sound like I don't want to be concerned with Mei and her welfare. I just mean I don't find my self consumed with worry. I love thinking about Mei, and all that comes with that.

Work is busy, enough said. This weekend, my sister Hope, her husband Kirby, her son Matthew, my sister Celeste, her husband Terrell, her son Hunter, her step son Little Terrell, and her step daughter Tiarra came over to my house for supper, and of course a few of us guys went to the Harley Davidson shop. We played pool, cards, cooked out, and had a wonderfuld time. Yesterday after work, I watched Luke as he took his first tae kwon do class. He was so excited. Even when it wasn't his turn to hit, kick, or block, he was wide eyed and listening. An hour of watching Luke learn and play. Today before work, I went to the Harley Davidson Shop, again, with my nephew, Matthew. He drove home on a new 2007 Sportster 1200N. That'll look good next to my 2006 Sportster 1200R this weekend when we're just cruising!

Not much adoption news, just family news! Thanks for dropping by.

1 comment:

Ronnie and Becky said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend!!

BB