Sunday, July 15, 2007

God knows our hearts!

...for God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 1 John 3:20 (NIV)

Carla and I have been asked by family, friends, and strangers alike, "Why are you adopting from China?" Simply put, "That's where our baby is!" There is much more to it than that, of course, but that's what we tell people because that's how we feel about it.

With Carla being a court reporter in a court that does mostly family law, Carla sees a lot of heart ache in childrens' lives. So, we've contemplated foster parenting or domestic adoption, but I don't know if we could do it. Neither one of us could get attached to a child and then possibly not be able to keep that child. So we prayed about it to let God show us what to do.

One day while I was at church, I ran across a flyer posted on a bulletin board. It was announcing a seminar on Chinese adoption. I immediately grabbed it, made a copy, and headed for home. When I got home I told Carla, "I'm going to show you something, and I don't want you to just say, No!" I pulled the flyer from my back pocket and presented it to her. She said, "You know, I've been thinking about the same thing," because she had recently been the court reporter in an adoption of a little Chinese girl. I immediately thought, "Answered prayers, God is good!"

We went to the presentation and that was it. God had definitely shown us that we had to adopt our baby from China!

1 comment:

Jen Talley said...

We are also waiting for our daughter from China. We've decided to name her Mei too. Please fell free to stop by our blog..waitngformeimei.blogspot.com.