Friday, July 27, 2007

Renewed Spirit

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)


At my church, we have two deacons pray during the morning church service. These deacons pray for the service itself, prayer requests, etc. As a deacon, I have the privilege of doing this every month or so. Last Sunday was my turn!


A fellow deacon and I went into the prayer room, discussed the prayer requests, missions and activities our church is involved, and the morning service. Nothing really out of the ordinary. We didn't discuss or even mention Mei. As we took turns praying, neither he nor I verbally pray for Mei, but I guess she was in my thoughts. All of the sudden, I had an overwhelming calm and peace of mind about Mei and the adoption.

I've always known that God was and is in control of this adoption and taking care of Mei, but Sunday I had a renewed faith, a renewed hope, and a renewed strength in what God is doing in this adoption and my life. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. Psalm 145:3 (NIV)

1 comment:

Ronnie and Becky said...

Ben,
I have had the same sense of calm this week. The adoption process is so complex. It is sorta like Creation. No way could Creation have just happened and that is the way I have felt this week about our little girl. My God is so in control. I trust Him and our 2 little girls are safe in His care even before they can be physically cared for by your family and ours.