Sunday, July 1, 2007

Think like a Child

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:13-16


As adults, we forget that children go through the same emotions as we do. Carla and I know that our children, Marley and Luke, want to get Mei just as badly as we do, but sometimes we forget. We get in our woe is me state and think that we're hurting all by ourselves. Just the other day Marley emphatically said, "I wish we could just go get Mei!" I knew then that she was hurting, too. I assured her that God was taking care of Mei and that we would have her home as soon as God wanted us to. She's okay with that!



A couple of weeks ago while visiting Papa and Nana, Luke said, "When Mei gets here, Nana will be like, Here do you want more food. I've got some more food!" I know that Luke wonders if Mei's eating right or if someone is taking care of her. I assured him that God was watching over Mei, and He would take care of her." He's okay with that!


Our children love Mei with all there hearts and probably don't understand the wait as much as Carla and I do, but they seem to handle it better. I guess it's there child like faith that gives them peace. God is in control of our adoption, and He will give us our Mei in His perfect timing! We're okay with that!

2 comments:

Jan (blessed mommy of a Jiangxi girl) said...

Although we didn't have as long of a wait as you do, I still remember what it felt like. Hang in there. God will put you in China when He and Mei are ready. He will also place you with the travel group that you will have a forever bond with. Enjoy your last few days as a family of four. Before long there will be five of you and you will have forgotten what life was like without Mei. We can't wait to meet her! Maybe she'll be from Jiangxi. They are the sweetest. If you don't believe me, just ask Sandy and AJ!!

Sandy, AJ and LinZhi Jayde said...

Ben, Carla and Family,
We are keeping our fingers crossed for you. Although we are in Ohio, we are anxious to see your baby. Enjoy these waiting days as much as you can, because in a short while, these memories will be overtaken with other feelings and certainly the next phase of plans for your trip. We look forward to reading your posts.
With love always
Sandy, AJ and LinZhi Jayde